Wednesday 14 February 2018

Guest Design team member post - Pretty Poppies



Hello to anyone visiting my blog and welcome.

Today I am showing my first project, of three, for the Guest Designer slot at Chocolate Baroque.

Many years ago I was given a lovely card for my birthday and have had it displayed since then because I liked the colour combination. It is what inspired me to make  this  card, something I've been meaning to do for ages. When I saw these poppy stamps I realised they would be perfect for what I had in mind.































The colour combination of red, gold and brown is not what I would normally use. Not with the brown anyway! But it works.

I stamped and embossed the corner stamps  onto a piece of card  12.5cm x 14.5cm. (5inches x 5 3/4inches) leaving a gap between, to put the central poppy panel over.

The poppy is embossed with the Jeweled gold too, then coloured with  red and green pearlescent paint which gives it a lovely shimmer. I  then glazed it with glossy accents.
The photo doesn't do the embossing powder justice, as it has a lovely  delicate glint  to it.
I have used tiny sequin waste as a stencil and a gold inkpad, to do a slight pattern around the poppies.

The Best wishes has been stamped with Versafine black and clear embossed.

I am going to try and do some more cards with similar colours as I think they would be great for  Golden or Ruby wedding anniversary cards.

Stamps used: Pretty Poppies
                       Poppy Meadow - corners
                       Loving Sentiments - words
VersaMark inkpad
Jeweled gold embossing powder -Stampendous
Brown, red and gold card
Pearlescent paints
Glossy accents
Tiny sequin waste strip
Gold inkpad

Thank you for visiting and I hope you'll give this colour combination a try. I'll have another sample or two next week.
 
Bye for now 
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole