Wednesday 6 July 2016

Chocolate Baroque Lady - Summer Fair


Hello to anyone visiting.

I have been playing with a beautiful new stamp that I have just purchased from Chocolate Baroque, called Summer Fair.


It is one of a series of four, depicting the four seasons.
I particularly liked the summer one as I have a poppy seed head stamp which matches perfectly and can be used as a background or border . (September-Poppyseed).

I decided I would do another card using the challenge colours , which I think are gorgeous.

Current Challenge



 
 
 
 
In fact, I ended up doing two with slightly different techniques so decided to show both.





In the first sample I have stamped and embossed onto  parchment paper.  Haven't used parchment for ages and had forgotten how delicate it looks when coloured. The background is done with Distress inks and then over stamped with the poppy seed heads, in the same colours.


The second card has a background the same as the first and the lady is stamped and embossed onto white card and coloured with the same colours of Distress inks.

I'm sure I will be using this stamp a lot as I really like the design.

Hope you have enjoyed your visit and happy crafting.

If you are at the Doncaster Craft show at the weekend, please come and say hello. I shall be demonstrating  on the  ArtCuts stand. May see you there.

Bye for now
 
Best wishes
Carole
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, two gorgeous cards and love the image. Beautiful designs. Still loving it up here and the weather has been quite good. We seem to miss most of the rain! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, what a clever use of the fab colours for this month, combining them with the lovely new stamps goes so well, thank you for supporting Chocolate Baroque Colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Carole, great use of the challenge colours and lovely mixing with other stamps. Thanks for another fabulous entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. both great cards, love how you combined the stamps and the muted colours of the parchment card.
    Thank you for supporting the CB challenge
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - another set of beautiful cards Carole. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. Anne X.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole