Wednesday 20 March 2013

A canvas inspired by the colours of a winter day.

Hello again.
 This is a small canvas that I made after seeing a lovely winter sky.

 I used a Dreamweaver stencil with Ferro paste. I like the rough texture that the Ferro gives, does scratch the stencil though.
The leaves are embossed with a Cuttlebug leaf folder and the trees are a Crafty Individuals stamp. The background of the stamped image, is coloured with Mustard seed and Weathered wood Distress ink. I really like these two colours together. I then did one layer of ultra thick , clear embossing, to give a textured finish to the tree piece.

The canvas was spritzed with a yellow and  blue shimmer mist, but can't remember what colours they were!!


This was the second sample I did to go with it. There is a third too, but the photo I took was rubbish. Still alot to learn where photography is concerned I think!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful canvas and card Carole and really pretty colours too. Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole